Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Warning! Likeness not guaranteed.

Life drawing from Monday night. I wasn't able to made it last week, so I was glad I was there this week. We had a great model, very lean and so I was able to observe muscle in action. This was the 3rd male model I've ever drawn and I have to say, it was a nice break from the female form.

I notice while doing the longer sessions, I relied more on shorter, angular strokes rather than fluid lines. I don't know if it's because I'm drawing a lean male form or if I'm just working differently. I was a bit anxious to do some long lines, but it just didn't work out. I mostly used the side of the charcoal stick to indicate the lines, rather than drawing them.

I'm kind of disappointed with the one holding the stick; I got a bit lost there.





No comments: